2010年11月14日

Call me by your name

reading about Orange's naming story, i recalled this romantic book

my name story...


i'd had three english names that i picked up for myself.
Perseus, in my junior high, when i wanted to be like the great greek hero.
Sappho, in my senior high, when i just didn't care if you know it or not.

my formal english name, Sharon, which pronounced somehow alike my chinese name, is decided during my sophomore...

when asked, i always joking it's after Sharon Stone, refering to her sexy image in basic instinct (1992).

the truth is, it's after Sharon Gless, i loved her independent, intellegent, though, sometimes a little vulnerable image in "the trials of rosie o'neil" (1990~1992), she is my first heroine in TV series.
i remember read about this news back in 1990, there was a "obsessed lesbian fan" invaded Ms. Gless's mansion, which herself later described as "she was in love with me, but it was perverse"

if i may say, her role as Cagney in "Cagney and Lacey" or as Rosie in "the trials" was just so gay, one just can't help falling in love with these roles. it's just like currently "rizzoli & isles", they are not, but we watch them through our meanings. (but, of course, no one should invade other's house with a rifle)
there are still some interesting things about these two Sharon-ladies, they both had played positive lesbian roles in their later career, and Ms. Gless had been considered as a gay-friendly actress since her role as a mother of a gay in queer as folk.
i'm happy i can call them by my name...

沒有留言:

張貼留言