2010年7月22日

my great singer-songwriter, jane siberry [1]


i won't say much about her career here, which everyone can find most of themon the wiki
jane's official website
news of jane on the globe and mail
all of jane's music, including album works, to share for free and 'pay it forward'

i've been thinking i might be the only one fan of jane siberry here in taiwan
so i finally decide to have my say about falling for her
as the pay it forward for her great works



it's from 1993, yes, my 20, while i started to know k d lang,
having her 'ingenue',
reading between each line of those songs,
loving her, collecting her records and information about her.

there was one issue of rolling stone about her, which i'd translated it on "愛報" then, and i learnt that she had a duet with this jane siberry in wim wenders's 'until the end of world'.

so i watched the movie, bought the soundtrack, (this soundtrack had been my favorite one for years), listened to that "calling all angels"

then, shoot!
i was totally obsessed by jane's music, voice and lyrics....

i rushed to the tower record for her CDs,
had two: 'when i was a boy(1993)' and 'bound by the beauty(1989)', then being her fan for all these years.


there are two songs in 'when i was a boy' that had thrilled me to tears, needed to close my eyes to lay down the emotion burst out from the bottom of my heart...


the vigil....
there's nothing that i rather have
than you to put your hands upon my forehead
just keep it there don't take it awayt
tell me that even though you may not like all the things i do
but say, say you'll love my soul
and REMEMBER ME
....
do you think we'll meet again?
and how will i know IT'S YOU?
maybe will it be the love that i feel
when i look INTO a STRANGER's eyes....


at the begining of time
....
we were waiting for the world to begin...
we were waiting in the darknes....
....
but the SILENCE...
oh, if i could go back to those times
i'd take that SILENCE there
i'd take it into myself and
bring it back to you
and this is WHAT i'd SAY.....

[to be continued...]

沒有留言:

張貼留言